Carpal tunnel syndrome is a common disorder. Part of overcoming the discomfort it causes in the hands and fingers is by receiving the proper care and treatment.
Not everyone thinks about going to see a chiropractor for carpal tunnel treatment. However, our team at Cape Coral Family Chiropractic is trained in helping ease the pressure on the nerves that are often inflamed or injured, resulting in carpal tunnel syndrome. We do this utilizing therapeutic techniques without resorting to prescription medications or surgery.
Here are some FAQs related to carpal tunnel syndrome so you can see why we at Cape Coral Family Chiropractic in Cape Coral, FL may have the treatment option you're looking for.
What Is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs when the median nerve, running from the arm into the hand, becomes compressed or squeezed. This can lead to feelings of tingling, numbness, and others in the hands and fingers.
What Are the Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome include feelings in the hand and fingers such as:
- Feelings of "pins and needles"
- Difficulty gripping objects
- Sleep interference if the symptoms become severe at night
What Causes Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Factors that can lead to carpal tunnel syndrome include:
- Repetitive hand, wrist, and finger movements such as performing tasks like typing
- Health disorders such as diabetes or arthritis
- Pregnancy if swelling in the wrists becomes an issue
- Injuries to the wrist, such as sprains or fractures
How can Chiropractic Treatment Help?
A chiropractor specializes in diagnosing and treating neuromuscular conditions, such as carpal tunnel syndrome. Our team at Cape Coral Family Chiropractic uses a variety of techniques to help with carpal tunnel syndrome. Some treatment options include:
- Spinal adjustments: This treatment can help ease pressure on the nerves in the wrists and hands, reducing symptoms such as weakness, tingling, and numbness.
- Massage therapy: Part of the goal of massage is to improve circulation, decrease inflammation, and reduce swelling in areas affecting the hands and wrists.
- Lifestyle recommendations: This advice may include guidance on how to employ ergonomic solutions in the workplace and at home.
- Exercises and stretches: Guidance here may include stretching and strengthening exercises to improve flexibility, mobility, and strength in the hands and wrists.
Get Treatment for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in Cape Coral, FL
If you're dealing with symptoms related to carpal tunnel syndrome, chiropractic treatment may be a good option. Feel free to contact our team at Cape Coral Family Chiropractic today. We're ready to help. Call us at (239) 574-8000 for more information.